Explore ways to cultivate economic, personal, cultural, ecological, and social value simultaneously with Conscious Capitalism.
Research shows that companies that embody the principles of Conscious Capitalism substantially outperform the market over the long term, while simultaneously creating economic and social value for all stakeholders. By learning the theoretical underpinnings and practical implications of this approach to business, you will rethink why your organization exists and acknowledge your company's role in the interdependent global marketplace and ecosystem.
In this course, you will critically examine the evidence on the impact of practicing conscious capitalism on the tangible and intangible well-being of all stakeholders. This begins with an in-depth look at the four key tenets of conscious capitalism: higher purpose, stakeholder orientation, conscious leadership, and conscious culture.
Through discussions and exercises, you and your global peers will develop an understanding and appreciation for systems thinking, and you'll learn why it is an integral discipline contributing to the practice of Conscious Capitalism. You'll explore ways to transform a conventional business into a conscious business. Finally, you will have the opportunity to practice the fundamental elements of personal transformation that must accompany any effort to implement Conscious Capitalism.
What will you learn
- The definition of “Conscious Capitalism” and how to distinguish it from a conventional perspective on business
- How Conscious Capitalism goes beyond Shared Value Capitalism, sustainability, Triple Bottom Line, corporate social responsibility, and other related ideas
- How to critically examine the evidence of the impact of practicing Conscious Capitalism on the material, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of all stakeholders
- Ways to operationalize each of the four tenets of Conscious Capitalism: higher purpose, stakeholder orientation, conscious leadership, and conscious culture.
- How to develop an understanding and appreciation for systems thinking as a foundational discipline for the practice of Conscious Capitalism
- The steps required to help conventional businesses transform into conscious businesses
- How to become a more conscious human being, overall