AWS experts show how to leverage your developer skills to optimize applications in the AWS Cloud.
This course, part of the AWS Developer Series, will focus on helping you optimize your applications and you work in AWS. We strongly recommend that you complete the first course in the series, "Building on AWS" before starting this course.
You will look at ways to improve utilization by using containers with the Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), caching services such as Amazon CloudFront and Amazon ElastiCache, and monitoring tools such as Amazon CloudWatch. You will look at serverless architectures using Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon API Gateway and, AWS Lambda. You will explore the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and learn how to use the AWS Key Management Service (KMS). You will finish off the class with a deep dive into AWS CloudFormation and a capstone exercise where you will debug a CloudFormation template.
This course has a significant hands-on component. Throughout the class, you will perform exercises using the AWS services covered.
Class discussions will provide an opportunity for you to interact with fellow students as well as AWS training staff.
What will you learn
- How to use AWS Container Services
- How to improve application performance through techniques such as caching
- How to optimize your applications by using serverless technologies and autoscaling.
- How to use content distribution to improve the end-user experience
- How to use the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- How to encrypt data at rest and in transit using the AWS Key Management Service